- I’m sorry to say it, flip flops, but the passion is gone. I don’t know when it happened, but somewhere along the way, I fell out of love with you. Also, you’re horrible when I’m trying to drive.
- When I read the Sunday PostSecrets, sometimes I see ones I wish were about me.
- I always feel like I’m getting away with something when I eat a BLT. A sandwich made of bacon? Are you sure?
- My closets are full of boxes that look organized but are actually full of random crap. This is after I “went through things” when I moved out. I didn’t get it all.
- I make a big fuss about how much it sucks to be lactose intolerant, but in reality? I don’t really miss dairy products that much. Not even ice cream.
- In eleven months and two weeks of living in my apartment, the only meat I’ve cooked is the turkey I put in chili. This is not because I’m a vegetarian, but because I am too chicken to learn how to cook meat. (Or to care that much about it, actually.)
- I would just like to date someone who likes sports.
- I am listening to the Vampire Weekend cd so much that it borders on ridiculous. Every time the cd is over, I skip back to track #1 and start it all over again.
- When I’m at a ballpark eating a hot dog and drinking a beer and sitting under the lights, it’s so magical I feel like I’m under a spell. Sometimes I wonder if this happens to other people.
- I never file anything at home. I keep it all. But it’s not filed.
- I haven’t been to the dentist in a long time. Years.
- I hate wearing navy.
16 thoughts on “Confessions”
I love these confessions, now I feel like I know all kinds of fun stuff about you. Note to self: no navy for Elizabeth. I’ve never understood the love for flip flops. I can hardly walk in them out of the house, I just trip over them constantly.
I’m with Jackie — flip flops have never made sense to me. For starters, there the thong between your toes, which is just distracting and uncomfortable, and then there’s the whole “you feet are getting all dirty” aspect to them. I don’t understand how people wear them in, like, New York City. Gross!
It seems to me that dating someone who doesn’t like sports would be out of the question. Anyone who doesn’t feel like they’re under a spell when they’re under the lights at the ballpark with a beer and hot dog in hand isn’t worth your time! 😀
And navy is such a troublesome color.
I’ve never understood flip flops. Ever. I was always suspicious of the material they were made out of. It seemed too light for how tough they were.
Dating someone who doesn’t like sports is just stupid. Unless he would amenable to being taught how to love sports and I could mold him into a little sports fan clone of myself. Because if I started dating a sports fan and he didn’t think shootouts in hockey are a travesty, then I might as well not be dating a sports fan at all!
haha who knew I was not alone in my dislike of flip flops? So that’s very cool.
Anyone who doesn’t feel like they’re under a spell when they’re under the lights at the ballpark with a beer and hot dog in hand isn’t worth your time!
That’s a policy I can get behind.
Because if I started dating a sports fan and he didn’t think shootouts in hockey are a travesty, then I might as well not be dating a sports fan at all!
That’s the thing! Because when I say “sports fan” I mean actually a sports fan, rather than someone who watches sports sometimes and the only baseball player they know of is Derek Jeter. 😉 (although I would be cool with someone who liked a sport OTHER than baseball, that is also acceptable.)
(although I would be cool with someone who liked a sport OTHER than baseball, that is also acceptable.)
You’re very open-minded! I’m not sure I would be so amenable to someone who wasn’t a hockey fan… Could you be cool with someone who’s a Yankees fan? 😛
Could you be cool with someone who’s a Yankees fan?
lol welllllll that’s harder. If it was the RIGHT yankees fan, it might work just fine. (even be rather entertaining!) But if he’s one of THOSE yankees fans….
But if he’s one of THOSE yankees fans….
HAHAHAHAHA!!! So true. And so many of them are, aren’t they? 😀
I think it’s easier to love someone who roots for another sport than one who roots for another team.
haha Jackie you may have hit the nail on the head!
Pingback: Confessions Two « throwing waffles
Pingback: Confessions Three « throwing waffles
Pingback: Confessions Three « she likes stripes
Pingback: Confessions Two « she likes stripes
Pingback: Confessions | she likes stripes
Pingback: Confessions | she likes stripes
Pingback: (Pregnant) Confessions | she likes stripes