Even though the change in Official List Name Style makes me cringe a little, I wanted to make this year’s list a little different. Three years in a row of birthday lists means three years of accomplishing some pretty awesome stuff, but I think I can go one more list-driven year, and then I’ll be ready for something different. The previous two lists were spontaneously written on the eve of my birthday, but I’ve been working on this list in draft form since the beginning of June, trying to come up with concrete, fun, perfect things. I’m really excited about the year to come, and I think 29 will be full of some pretty great things. Isn’t that the whole point?
- DO NOT start another daily photo project. (Really. I mean it.)
- Add some colors to my converse collection, and take pictures of the adventures I have in them.
- Go swimming.
- Play miniature golf.
- Shoot more film. (Or, stop being afraid to try the Polaroid.)
- Make homemade pizza. (Making my own pizza dough is extra credit.)
- Visit the Baseball Hall of Fame.
- Go through my clothes and shoes really honestly and donate what I don’t, won’t, or can’t wear.
- Enjoy now instead of worrying and planning for things that aren’t here yet.
- Cook something (or several somethings!) in my newly inherited crock pot.
- Get new glasses.
- Make garlands or paper flowers to hang in my apartment.
- Keep learning how to cook new things.
- Work on organizing my grandmother’s old photos.
- Decorate the blank walls in my living room and bedroom.
- Go on a fancy date.
- Spend at least one day at the beach (and not the kind of day where I’m wearing jeans).
- Go on a picnic.
- Play with sparklers.
- Try to tame the mess contained in the Black Hole Closet.
- Make a photo book out of Project 365 photos.
- Get a tattoo.
- Make a change.
- Knit something.
- Don’t spend the year worrying about turning 30.
- Eat at Harold’s.
- Do something completely touristy. Extra points if it’s local and therefore embarrassingly touristy.
- Wear heels more often.
- Bake something just for me, without an occasion.
- Consume beer samplers as often as possible.
(28 Things To Do While I’m 28)
(27 Things To Do While I’m 27)
6 thoughts on “30 Before 30”
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Your list sounds like it’s full of awesome adventures. I can’t wait to see the pictures of your local touristy fun. 😀
i like 16 & 22. and please, please, please . . . stick to #1!! 😉
happy, happy birthday!!
Pingback: #24: Knit Something « throwing waffles
Pingback: #10: Cook something in my newly inherited crock pot « throwing waffles
Pingback: #10: Cook something in my newly inherited crock pot « she likes stripes
Pingback: #24: Knit Something « she likes stripes